• Precursors generated can be matured to functional astrocytes using the STEMdiff™ Astrocyte Maturation Kit
• Part of a system that enables generation of astrocytes from hPSCs in as few as 7 weeks; high-passage NPCs not required
• Optimized for differentiation of NPCs generated using the STEMdiff™ Neural Induction Medium embryoid body protocol
• Enables reproducible differentiation of NPCs derived from multiple human ES and iPS cell lines
- STEMdiff™ Astrocyte Differentiation Basal Medium, 100 mL
- STEMdiff™ Astrocyte Differentiation Supplement A, 8 mL
- STEMdiff™ Astrocyte Differentiation Supplement B, 2 mL
- STEMdiff™ Astrocyte Differentiation Supplement C, 100 µL
This product is designed for use in the following research area(s) as part of the highlighted workflow stage(s). Explore these workflows to learn more about the other products we offer to support each research area.
Data and Publications
Figure 1. Downstream Differentiation of Neural Progenitor Cells to Astrocytes
Neural Progenitor Cells derived from ES cells (H9 cell line) using the STEMdiff™ Neural Induction Medium embryoid body protocol were differentiated and matured to astrocytes with typical star-like morphology by culture in STEMdiff™ Astrocyte Differentiation Kit for 19-20 days and STEMdiff™ Astrocyte Maturation Kit for 56 days. The astrocytes express GFAP (green) but not the neuronal marker class III β-tubulin (red). Nuclei are counterstained with DAPI.