How Do We Define Our Media?
Our cell culture media and supplements are available in a variety of different formulations, depending on the components used in their preparation.
- The finished product does not contain any ingredient that is either an animal tissue or body fluid or that is isolated or purified from an animal tissue or body fluid.
- May contain recombinant animal or non-animal proteins, including those produced in animal cell lines or by fermentation processes.
- Does not contain undefined components such as serum, plasma, cell lysate, hemolymph, tissue extracts, or plant hydrolysates as ingredients.
- Ingredients (biologicals and chemicals) are defined in terms of origin and purity.
- Does not contain serum, plasma or hemolymph as an ingredient.
- May contain ingredients that are processed or derived from blood, serum or plasma.
- May contain other undefined ingredients that are not serum, plasma or hemolymph.
- Ingredients have a known chemical structure (defined by a chemical formula).
- Does not contain proteins or other ingredients with complex structure.
- Does not contain proteins or polypeptides as ingredients.
- May contain free amino acids, dipeptides, tripeptides and peptides
- Does not contain ingredients derived from non-human animals.
- May contain ingredients derived from human sources. This may include purified and processed materials, as well as undefined, unprocessed materials.
- May contain recombinant human, plant, bacterial, or yeast DNA sequences.
*Animal-Related Product Information:
For products classified as animal component-free (ACF), xeno-free (XF) or chemically defined (CD), STEMCELL Technologies verifies that raw materials meet our internal animal origin requirements. STEMCELL relies on supplier-provided documentation for information related to ingredient origin and composition, including the use of animal-derived materials during the manufacturing process. Not all information may be known beyond the ingredient level. STEMCELL’s manufacturing and packaging facilities are multi-use.
Intended Use Statements:
Unless otherwise indicated, STEMCELL products are provided for research use only, not for human or animal therapeutic or diagnostic use. STEMCELL provides some products that have been CE Marked in the European Union, according to the 98/79/EC In Vitro Diagnostic Device Directive, and which comply with its requirements.