Activin/BMP/TGF-β pathway inhibitor; Inhibits ALK4, ALK5, and ALK7
· Replaces SOX2 in the reprogramming of mouse fibroblasts to induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells (Ichida et al.).
· Increases the efficiency of reprogramming human somatic cells to iPS cells, in combination with PD0325901 and Thiazovivin (Lin et al.).
· Direct lineage reprogramming of fibroblasts to mature neurons, in combination with CHIR99021, ISX-9, Forskolin, and I-BET151 (Li et al.).
· Promotes differentiation of neural progenitor cells from human PSCs, in combination with either LDN193189 or Noggin (Chambers et al. 2009, Chambers et al. 2012).
· Promotes proliferation and sheet formation of mouse embryonic stem (ES)-derived endothelial cells (Watabe et al.).
· Enhances differentiation of cardiomyocytes from mouse and human PSCs (Kattman et al.).
· Inhibits the self-renewal and causes differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells (PSCs), demonstrating the importance of the TGF-β/Activin/NODAL pathway in their maintenance (James et al., Vallier et al.).
Protocols and Documentation
Find supporting information and directions for use in the Product Information Sheet or explore additional protocols below.
This product is designed for use in the following research area(s) as part of the highlighted workflow stage(s). Explore these workflows to learn more about the other products we offer to support each research area.
Resources and Publications
Educational Materials (5)
Item added to your cart
PRODUCTS ARE FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND NOT INTENDED FOR HUMAN OR ANIMAL DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USES UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON QUALITY AT STEMCELL, REFER TO WWW.STEMCELL.COM/COMPLIANCE.