• EFFICIENT - Greater than 70% purity of multipotent neural crest cells
• MULTIPOTENT - Produces cells capable of downstream differentiation, including to peripheral neurons, chondrocytes, and osteoblasts
• VERSATILE - Compatible with human ES and iPS cells maintained in mTeSR™1, mTeSR™ Plus, or TeSR™-E8™
- STEMdiff™ Neural Induction Medium, 250 mL (Catalog #05835)
- STEMdiff™ Neural Crest Differentiation Supplement, 0.5 mL
This product is designed for use in the following research area(s) as part of the highlighted workflow stage(s). Explore these workflows to learn more about the other products we offer to support each research area.
Data and Publications
Neural crest cells are produced using STEMdiff™ Neural Crest Differentiation Kit after 6 days in culture. For information on continued passage of neural crest cells, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Figure 2. STEMdiff™ Neural Crest Differentiation Kit Generates a Highly Pure Population of NCCs with Minimal CNS-type Progenitors
After 6 days in culture, neural crest cells (NCCs; SOX10+, red; CD271+, light blue) outnumber CNS-type progenitors (PAX6+, green). (A) Channel merge of cells fixed 2 days after being passaged on day 6. Individual immunofluorescence channels show (B) DAPI, (C) PAX6, (D) SOX10, and (E) CD271. Scale bar = 100 μm.
Figure 3. NCCs Generated with the STEMdiff™ Neural Crest Differentiation Kit Are Multipotent
NCCs (A) were cultured for 6 days and display typical morphology. (B) Culturing NCCs using established protocols generates peripheral neurons (Peripherin, green; BRN3a, red; DAPI, blue). (C) Passaging NCCs into MesenCult™-ACF Plus Medium and then into the MesenCult™-ACF Chondrogenic Differentiation Kit generates a chondrocyte pellet (Alcian Blue, Nuclear Fast Red) with deposition of cartilage around the cells. (D) Passaging NCCs into MesenCult™-ACF Plus Medium and then into the MesenCult™ Osteogenic Differentiation Kit (Human) generates an osteoblast culture with high levels of alkaline phosphatase-positive mineral deposition. Scale bar = 500 μm (A-C), 1 mm (D).