• Supports highly efficient generation of functional neurons from hPSC-derived neuronal precursors
• Produces a highly pure population (≥ 90% neurons) of mixed excitatory and inhibitory neurons that can be maintained long-term in culture
• Optimized for maturation of neuronal precursors generated using the STEMdiff™ Neuron Differentiation Kit
• Enables reproducible maturation of neuronal precursors derived from multiple human ES and iPS cell lines
- STEMdiff™ Neuron Maturation Basal Medium, 100 mL
- STEMdiff™ Neuron Maturation Supplement A, 8 mL
This product is designed for use in the following research area(s) as part of the highlighted workflow stage(s). Explore these workflows to learn more about the other products we offer to support each research area.
Data and Publications
Figure 1. Downstream Differentiation of Neural Progenitor Cells to Forebrain Neurons
(A-B) Neural Progenitor Cells derived from ES cells (H9 cell line) using the STEMdiff™ Neural Induction Medium embryoid body protocol were differentiated and matured to forebrain neurons by culture in STEMdiff™ Neuron Differentiation Kit for 7 days and STEMdiff™ Neuron Maturation Kit for 21 days. A mixed population of excitatory and inhibitory neurons was formed. The resulting cultures contain a highly pure population of class III β-tubulin-positive neurons (A-B, red), with a high proportion of GABAergic interneurons (A, GABA, green). The neurons generated are forebrain-type (B, FOXG1, green).