Retinoid pathway activator; Activates retinoic acid receptor (RAR) alpha
· Promotes reprogramming of somatic cells to induced pluripotent stem cells (Wang et al.).
· Induces differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cells into intermediate mesoderm, in combination with the GSK3β inhibitor CHIR99021 (Araoka et al.).
· Inhibits tumor cell proliferation and survival signaling pathways, and induces apoptosis, leading to inhibition of mouse mammary tumor virus (MMTV)-neu- and MMTV-wnt1-induced mammary gland hyperplasia (Lu et al.).
· Inhibits tumor growth in MMTV-Myc mice (Bosch et al.).
· Inhibits endometrial cancer cell proliferation (Cheng et al.).
· Induces differentiation in acute promyelocytic leukemia cells (Gianní et al.).
Protocols and Documentation
Find supporting information and directions for use in the Product Information Sheet or explore additional protocols below.
This product is designed for use in the following research area(s) as part of the highlighted workflow stage(s). Explore these workflows to learn more about the other products we offer to support each research area.
Resources and Publications
Educational Materials (2)
Item added to your cart
PRODUCTS ARE FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND NOT INTENDED FOR HUMAN OR ANIMAL DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USES UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON QUALITY AT STEMCELL, REFER TO WWW.STEMCELL.COM/COMPLIANCE.