T cells are lymphocytes that are generally characterized by the expression of CD3 on the cell surface. See MoreThese cells originate in the bone marrow, migrate to the thymus to undergo maturation. T cells are one of the main cell types involved in adaptive immune responses. There are several different subsets of T cells, including helper T cells (naïve and memory), cytotoxic T cells (naïve and memory), regulatory T cells, gamma delta T cells, and natural killer T cells.
STEMCELL Technologies offers reliable, high-quality primary T cells for consistent and physiologically relevant research. See MoreOur frozen primary human T cells1 are viable, functional and ready for use in downstream assays. We also offer fresh2 peripheral blood and Leukapheresis Packs that may be further processed for the isolation of T cells.
- Video (3:01) How to Prepare a Single Cell Suspension from Frozen Samples
- Video (2:10) How to Prepare a Single Cell Suspension from Primary Tissue Samples
- Video (1:36) How to Isolate Mononuclear Cells from Whole Blood by Density Gradient Centrifugation
- Tech Tip Total Nucleated Cell and Viable Cell Counts
- Video (5:50) How to Perform Cell Counts with a Hemacytometer
1. Donors are screened for HIV (1 & 2), Hepatitis B, and Hepatitis C. For more detailed information on donor screening, please visit our Human Primary Cells overview page.
2. Fresh products currently available in the United States and Canada only (excluding Quebec).