Pluripotent Stem Cell Maintenance & Cell Quality
Learn how to effectively maintain and characterize high-quality human pluripotent stem cells (hPSCs) through live virtual training
Thank you for your interest in this product. Please provide us with your contact information and your local representative will contact you with a customized quote. Where appropriate, they can also assist you with a(n):
Estimated delivery time for your area
Product sample or exclusive offer
Learn how to effectively maintain and characterize high-quality human pluripotent stem cells (hPSCs) through live-streamed training delivered by experts from STEMCELL Technologies. This three-day, part-time course consists of interactive lectures and laboratory demonstrations designed to teach you essential techniques for culturing hPSCs in a feeder-independent system and how to assess hPSC lines for building a well-characterized working cell bank.
- Identify high-quality morphological characteristics of hPSCs and describe critical quality attributes of hPSCs.
- Understand and apply the best practical skills in maintaining high-quality hPSC cultures.
- Identify undifferentiated morphology of confluent induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) ready for passaging.
- Recognize critical aspects of handling hPSCs for successful preservation and storage.
- Identify and troubleshoot critical aspects in the passaging and maintenance of undifferentiated iPSCs.
- Evaluate the recovery of iPSCs and identify viable cells.
- Understand the importance of maintaining hPSC quality.
- Recognize the importance of key quality control procedures and the potential consequences of failing to carry them out.
- Be aware of how genomic instability can impact hPSC cultures.
As part of the course, you will receive:
- An electronic copy of the course book
- Certificates of course completion from STEMCELL Technologies and Continuing Professional Development (CPD), UK
- Post-training support from the trainers and STEMCELL’s Scientific Support team
Space is limited, please apply early for the best chance of securing a seat for your desired date. Registration closes one week before the course date.
Day 1 (4.25 hrs, including introduction, break, and wrap-up)
- Virtual lecture: Maintaining and Assessing hPSC Cultures (2.5 hrs)
- Virtual lab: Morphology and Evaluating the Quality of hPSC Cultures (1 hr)
Day 2 (4.25 hrs, including break and wrap-up)
- Virtual lab: Passaging and Long-Term Maintenance of hPSCs (3 hrs)
- Virtual lab: Cryopreservation and Thawing of hPSCs (0.75 hr)
Day 3 (2.5 hrs, including wrap-up)
- Virtual lecture: Characterization of hPSC Cell Quality (2 hrs)
- Course wrap up (0.5 hr)
STEMCELL Technologies is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by The American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCLS) Professional Acknowledgment for Continuing Education (P.A.C.E.®) Program.
This course is certified by the United Kingdom CPD Certification Service, which may be applicable to individuals who are members of, or are associated with, UK-based professional bodies. This course consists of approximately 10.25 hours of learning.
Organisme de formation enregistré sous le n° 82 38 02893 38 depuis 2001.
Note: STEMCELL Technologies accept no responsibility, and cannot be held responsible, for the claiming or validation of hours or points.
Payment information is required to complete course registration; you will not be charged until your registration is confirmed. Registration and acceptance into the course is subject to review by STEMCELL Technologies. You will be notified within one week of submission on your status.
If you are eligible for the course and registration for your desired date is full, you will be added to our next available session. Space is limited to ensure personalized instruction. Please apply early to ensure you save your seat.
Please be advised that STEMCELL does not permit the recording of courses, technical support consultations, or product demonstrations delivered by STEMCELL Technologies, whether conducted in person, over video conference, or by phone. This policy applies to all audiences, including but not limited to customers, course attendees, and distributors. All training content is copyrighted by STEMCELL Technologies and violations of this policy will be pursued under copyright law.
This product is designed for use in the following research area(s) as part of the highlighted workflow stage(s). Explore these workflows to learn more about the other products we offer to support each research area.
Resources and Publications
Educational Materials (4)
Item added to your cart
Pluripotent Stem Cell Maintenance & Cell Quality
PRODUCTS ARE FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND NOT INTENDED FOR HUMAN OR ANIMAL DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USES UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON QUALITY AT STEMCELL, REFER TO WWW.STEMCELL.COM/COMPLIANCE.