Benefits of semi-solid cloning:
• Individual cells are suspended in viscous medium and form physically separated, discrete colonies that are easily isolated.
• Monoclonal cell lines are isolated in less time using fewer resources compared with selection and cloning by limiting dilution.
• Diverse clones with a wide range of growth rates and productivities form discrete colonies in the viscous medium. As a result, rare and high-producing clones can be individually isolated more easily using simultaneous selection and cloning in semi-solid medium compared with selection in bulk liquid cultures.
• Greater single-cell cloning efficiency of CHO cells compared with chemically defined, protein-free media, particularly at low plating densities
• Recombinant proteins (animal component-free)
• Other ingredients
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the serum in ClonaCell™-TCS medium heat inactivated?
Is there any IgG in ClonaCell™ TCS?
Can ClonaCell™-TCS be used with any cell line?
Why do I get more cells when I select my fusion in liquid medium rather than in methylcellulose-based semi-solid medium?
How do I thaw ClonaCell™ methylcellulose-based semi-solid medium?
How do I measure and dispense methylcellulose semi-solid medium?
My ClonaCell™ methylcellulose semi-solid medium appears runny. Why does this happen?
What is the optimal number of colonies per plate?
There are still bubbles in the media after I plate my cells. Do I need to disrupt the bubbles?
Do I ever need to re-clone cultures grown with ClonaCell™ semi-solid medium?
Once I pick the colonies and grow the cells in plates, will the residual methylcellulose interfere with characterization? For example, will I have problems doing an ELISA?
How important is the incubator humidity when culturing in methylcellulose-based medium?
Do I have to use 100 mm petri dishes or can I use other cultureware?
Are there any selective agents in ClonaCell™-CHO ACF or ClonaCell™-CHO CD?
My cells grow fine in ClonaCell™-CHO ACF but I do not see colony growth in ClonaCell™-CHO CD. Why?
What medium do you recommend for the expansion of clones after selection in ClonaCell™-CHO ACF or ClonaCell™-CHO CD?
How many cells should I plate for cloning in ClonaCell™-CHO CD?
This product is designed for use in the following research area(s) as part of the highlighted workflow stage(s). Explore these workflows to learn more about the other products we offer to support each research area.