Total Lymphocyte Research
Lymphocytes are white blood cells that direct immune responses against infections and foreign materials. See MoreThese cells are derived from common lymphoid progenitors in the bone marrow, and are generally characterized by a large nucleus surrounded by a nongranular cytoplasm. The three major types of lymphocytes are T cells, B cells and NK cells. Adaptive immune responses are mediated by T and B cells, while NK cells play an important role during innate immune responses, as well as modulating the adaptive immune response.
For a convenient source of ready-to-use cells, choose cryopreserved peripheral blood mononuclear cells or purified lymphocytes. We also offer fresh1,2 peripheral blood and Leukopaks that may be further processed for the isolation of lymphocytes.
- Video (3:01) Preparing a Single-cell Suspension from Frozen Samples
- Video (2:12) Preparing a Single-cell Suspension from Primary Tissue Samples
- Video (1:37) Isolating Mononuclear Cells from Whole Blood by Density Gradient Centrifugation
- Tech Tip Cell Counting Using Manual Methods
- Video (5:51) Counting Cells Using a Hemocytometer
1. Donors are screened for HIV (1 & 2), Hepatitis B, and Hepatitis C. For more detailed information on donor screening, please visit our Human Primary Cells overview page.
2. Fresh products currently available in the United States and Canada only (excluding Quebec).
Primary and Cultured Cells 4 (46)
LRS ConeThe Leukocyte Reduction System (LRS) cone is a source of primary human leukocytes.
Human Peripheral Blood CD19+CD27- Naïve B Cells (Donor-Matched), FrozenPrimary human cells, frozen
Human Peripheral Blood CD19+CD27+ Memory B Cells, FrozenPrimary human cells, frozen
Human Peripheral Blood Naïve Pan T Cells, FrozenPrimary human cells, frozen
Cell Storage Media 4 (2)
CryoStor® CSBAnimal component-free and protein-free cryopreservation formulation
CryoStor® CS10Animal component-free, defined cryopreservation medium with 10% DMSO