MAINTENANCE & SELF-RENEWAL
· In combination with basic FGF, Activin A, and a PKC inhibitor, U-0126 promotes maintenance of human pluripotent stem cells (Kinehara et al.)
· Used alone with MEF-conditioned medium, U-0126 inhibits self-renewal of human pluripotent stem cells, leading to differentiation, without affecting proliferation or survival (Li et al.).
· Inhibits glutamate-induced oxidative stress in mouse hippocampal HT22 cells and rat primary cortical cultures (Satoh et al.; Ong et al.).
· Neuroprotective in a gerbil ischemia model and in primary mouse neurons cultured under hypoxia (Namura et al.).
· Inhibits T-cell proliferation against certain antigenic stimuli by reducing IL-2 mRNA levels (DeSilva et al.).
· Activates peroxisome proliferator activated receptor (PPAR) co-activator 1α (PGC-1α) and prevents neurotoxicity and spatial memory impairment in rats challenged by amyloid beta (Aβ; Ashabi et al.).
This product is designed for use in the following research area(s) as part of the highlighted workflow stage(s). Explore these workflows to learn more about the other products we offer to support each research area.