Monocytes are precursors of macrophages and See MoreMonocytes play an important role in immune surveillance, host defence, tissue remodeling and repair, and have also been implicated in many inflammatory diseases.(DCs) that originate from the bone marrow and are released into the peripheral blood.
For a convenient source of cells, STEMCELL Technologies offers frozen primary human monocytes 1 isolated from either peripheral or cord blood. These isolated monocytes are viable, functional and ready for use in downstream assays. We also offer fresh1,2 peripheral blood and Leuko Paks for further processing and monocyte isolation.
- Video (3:01) How to Prepare a Single Cell Suspension from Frozen Samples
- Video (5:51) How to Perform Cell Counts with a Hemacytometer
- Tech Tip Total Nucleated Cell and Viable Cell Counts
- Video (1:37) How to Isolate Mononuclear Cells from Whole Blood by Density Gradient Centrifugation
- Video (2:49) How to Use SepMate™ to Isolate PBMCs from Whole Blood in Just 15 Minutes
1. Donors are screened for HIV (1 & 2), Hepatitis B, and Hepatitis C. For more detailed information on donor screening, please visit our Human Primary Cells overview page.
2. Fresh products currently available in the United States and Canada only (excluding Quebec).