The assay is based on the sandwich ELISA method, in which samples are added to ELISA plates coated with capture antibodies specific for the immunoglobulin. The captured immunoglobulin is detected by addition of a biotinylated detection antibody, followed by streptavidin-alkaline phosphatase (SA-ALP), which binds the biotinylated antibody. Addition of the chromogenic enzyme substrate p-nitrophenyl phosphate (pNPP) results in a colored product with an intensity directly proportional to the concentration of immunoglobulin in the sample. The concentration of the immunoglobulin is determined by comparison to a serial dilution of the immunoglobulin standard analyzed in parallel.
NOTE: This kit includes sufficient reagents for 6 x 96-well ELISA plates. ELISA plates (Catalog #38019) and pNPP Substrate (Catalog #01917) are required for use with the Human IgE ELISA Antibody Pair Kit and are available for purchase separately. For serum or plasma samples, ELISA Diluent (Catalog #01916) is also required.
- Human IgE Capture Antibody, 150 µL
- Human IgE Biotinylated Detection Antibody, 80 µL
- SA-ALP, 80 µL
- Human IgE Standard, 1 vial
This product is designed for use in the following research area(s) as part of the highlighted workflow stage(s). Explore these workflows to learn more about the other products we offer to support each research area.
Data and Publications
Representative Standard Curve
• Reportable Range: 0.1 - 32 ng/mL. This is the concentration range in which measurement of the analyte can be done with the highest precision, accuracy, and linearity.
• Accuracy: The analyte standard of this ELISA was calibrated against NIBSC international standard 75/502.