StemSpan™ Myeloid Expansion Supplement II (100X) is intended for use in combination with any of the following StemSpan™ media:
• StemSpan™ SFEM (Catalog #09600)
• StemSpan™ SFEM II (Catalog #09605)
• StemSpan™-XF (Catalog #100-0073)
• StemSpan™-ACF Without Phenol Red (Catalog #100-0130)
When added to serum-free medium, StemSpan™ Myeloid Expansion Supplement II typically promotes the production of hundreds of CD14+ monocytes per input CD34+ cell in 14-day liquid cultures initiated with CD34+ human CB cells. See data tab for more details.
• Promotes the production of hundreds of CD14+ monocytes per input CD34+ human CB cell in 14-day liquid cultures.
• Supplied as a 100X concentrate. After thawing and mixing, the tube contents can be added directly to any hematopoietic cell expansion medium.
• Recombinant human stem cell factor (SCF)
• Recombinant human thrombopoietin (TPO)
• Recombinant human macrophage colony-stimulating factor (M-CSF)
• Recombinant human granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF)
This product is designed for use in the following research area(s) as part of the highlighted workflow stage(s). Explore these workflows to learn more about the other products we offer to support each research area.
Data and Publications
Figure 1. Production of CD14+ Monocytes by the Expansion and Lineage-Specific Differentiation of Human CB CD34+ Cells Cultured in StemSpan™ SFEM II Containing Myeloid Expansion Supplement II
Flow cytometry dot plots for 14-day cultures of human CB CD34+ cells in StemSpan™ SFEM II containing Myeloid Expansion Supplement II. The plots show expression of CD34 and CD45 (A) before and (B) after culture, and (C) expression of CD13 and CD14 on the expanded cells. The frequency of CD34+ cells declined from 87% before culture to less than 1% after 14 days. CD14+ monocytes increased from < 5% on day 0 to 90% by day 14.