• Fetal bovine serum
• Bovine serum albumin
• Recombinant human stem cell factor (SCF)
• Recombinant human interleukin 3 (IL-3)
• Recombinant human interleukin 6 (IL-6)
• Recombinant human erythropoietin (EPO)
• Recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF)
• Recombinant human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF)
Frequently Asked Questions
Why use semi-solid media?
Why use methylcellulose-based media?
Is it necessary to add antibiotics to the media?
Is there anything I can do if my cultures appear contaminated?
Why can't I use a pipette to dispense methylcellulose-based media?
Can I 'pluck' the colonies for individual analysis?
Why are low adherence dishes so important?
Can MethoCult™ products be used for lymphoid progenitor CFU assays?
Is it possible to set up CFU assays in a 24-well plate?
Can I stain colonies in MethoCult™ medium?
Are there differences in colony morphology with serum-free media?
Can MethoCult™ be made with alternate base media?
Is there a MethoCult™ formulation suitable for HPP-CFC (high proliferative potential colony forming cell)?
This product is designed for use in the following research area(s) as part of the highlighted workflow stage(s). Explore these workflows to learn more about the other products we offer to support each research area.
Data and Publications
Figure 1. Procedure Summary for Hematopoietic CFU Assays
Figure 2. Examples of Colonies Derived from Human Hematopoietic Progenitors