This medium has been verified for use with mouse and rat hybridomas and is suitable for expansion and cloning of mouse myelomas such as SP2/0. It may be used as a serum-free alternative to ClonaCell™-HY Medium E (Catalog #03805). No materials of animal or human origin are used in the manufacture of this medium or its components, to at least the secondary level of manufacturing.
• Suitable for single-cell and limiting dilution cloning under serum-free conditions
• Reduces performance variability in the medium
• Simplifies downstream clone screening and antibody purification (no serum-derived IgG)
• Phenol red
• L-Glutamine and other supplements
• Other ingredients, including recombinant proteins
This product is designed for use in the following research area(s) as part of the highlighted workflow stage(s). Explore these workflows to learn more about the other products we offer to support each research area.
Data and Publications
Figure 1. Cloning Efficiencies for Three Hybridoma Cell Lines Subcloned in Serum-containing and Serum-free Cell Culture Media
The hybridoma lines were adapted to growth in each medium and subcloned by limiting dilution (n = 1 - 5). After incubation for 10 days (37°C, 5% CO2), the plates were analyzed with a Cell Metric™ instrument (Solentim). The plating efficiency was estimated by Poisson statistics using the ELDA method described by Hu & Smith, 2009 (J Immunol Meth, 347: 70-78). ACF = animal component-free. Data is expressed as mean + 1 SD.