Processing Multiple Samples at One Time with the EasyEights™ Magnet
The EasyEights™ EasySep™ Magnet is for cell separation procedures using selected EasySep™ reagents when simultaneously processing multiple samples
The EasyEights™ EasySep™ Magnet is designed for cell separation procedures using selected EasySep™ reagents when simultaneously processing multiple samples, up to eight samples on each side, a total of 16 samples. The EasyEights™ Magnet has a large sample range, capable of processing small samples, starting at 0.1 x 10e8 cells, to larger samples, up to 8.5 x 10e8 cells.
Follow these important tips to ensure consistent results with the EasyEights™ Magnet:
- Ensure that you follow the specific EasyEights™ protocol. This is a stand-alone protocol, and is not included in the standard Product Information Sheet (PIS).
- Please check for a list of compatible kits. For further information, please contact Technical Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Incubation times in the EasyEights™ Magnet may be longer compared to EasySep™ Magnet and Big Easy EasySep™ Magnet protocols.
- Use correct plasticware on the correct side of the magnet.
- One side of the EasyEights™ EasySep™ Magnet (STEMCELL Technologies logo) is designed to hold up to 8 x 5 mL polystyrene Round-Bottom tubes (e.g. Falcon® 5 mL Polystyrene Round-Bottom Tubes; Corning® Catalog #352058).
- The other side (EasySep™ logo) is designed to hold up to 8 x 14 mL polystyrene round-bottom tubes (e.g. Falcon® 14 mL Polystyrene Round-Bottom Tubes; Corning® Catalog #352057) or 8 x 15 mL conical tubes (e.g. Corning®, Catalog #430053).
Figure 1a - 5 mL tubes in EasyEights™ EasySep™ Magnet
Figure 1b - 14 mL tube in EasyEights™ EasySep™ Magnet
- Ensure all tubes are correctly seated in the magnet for consistent performance.
Figure 2a - 5 mL tube seated correctly
Figure 2b - 5 mL tube seated incorrectly
Figure 2c - 14 mL tubes in EasyEights™ EasySep™ Magnet. The third tube is seated incorrectly; it is not sitting in the indentation. The other tubes are all seated correctly.
- At the end of the procedure, pipette off the supernatant, do not pour off. It is recommended to collect the entire enriched cell suspension, all at once, into a single pipette.
We recommend using:
- A 2 mL serological pipette for the EasyEights™ 5 mL tubes.
- A 10 mL serological pipette for the EasyEights™ 14 mL tubes.
Choosing a Cell Separation Method that Meets Your Research Needs
Learn more about the cell separation methods outlined above to choose the best method for your application.
Thank you for your interest in this product. Please provide us with your contact information and your local representative will contact you with a customized quote. Where appropriate, they can also assist you with a(n):
Estimated delivery time for your area
Product sample or exclusive offer