Naturally occurring resveratrol analog
Thank you for your interest in this product. Please provide us with your contact information and your local representative will contact you with a customized quote. Where appropriate, they can also assist you with a(n):
Estimated delivery time for your area
Product sample or exclusive offer
Piceatannol has been used for:
· Stimulates osteoblast differentiation potentially via BMP-2 in MG-63 and hFOB cells (Chang et al.).
· Increases the number of astrocytes in neural stem cell cultures undergoing astrocytic differentiation (Arai et al.).
· Inhibits release of histamine in mast cells (Oliver et al.).
· Inhibits TNF-induced NF-κB activation and NF-κB-mediated gene expression in myeloid, lymphocyte, and epithelial cells (Ashikawa et al.).
· Blocks NF-κB activation induced by LPS, PMA, ceramide, okadaic acid, and H2O2 in myeloid (KBM-5) cells (Ashikawa et al.).
· Induces cell death in BJAB Burkitt-like lymphoma cells by activating caspase-3 and mitochondrial permeability (Wieder et al.).
· Inhibits DU145 and PC-3 cells proliferation by inducing apoptosis through the reduction of poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) expression, cleavage of caspase 3, and apoptosis inducing factor AIF, and an increase in cytochrome c (Hsieh et al.).
· Recently shown to possess senotherapeutic-like activity. Reduces the number of senescent mesenchymal stromal cells after genotoxic stress and in senescent replicative cultures (Alessio et al.).
· Inhibits iNOS expression in dextran sulfate sodium-induced models of mouse colitis (Youn et al.).
Protocols and Documentation
Find supporting information and directions for use in the Product Information Sheet or explore additional protocols below.
Resources and Publications
Educational Materials (5)
Item added to your cart
PRODUCTS ARE FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND NOT INTENDED FOR HUMAN OR ANIMAL DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USES UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON QUALITY AT STEMCELL, REFER TO WWW.STEMCELL.COM/COMPLIANCE.