Culture of hematopoietic stem cells and hematopoietic progenitors in vitro is a major area of research for preclinical studies and the development of hematopoietic cell-based therapies. Liquid cell culture systems can support the self-renewal of multi-potent hematopoietic stem cells, or stimulate their differentiation into mature blood cells of different lineages.
STEMCELL Technologies is the leading supplier of serum substitutes and serum-free media that support the culture and expansion of hematopoietic stem cells and hematopoietic progenitors, including StemSpan™ SFEM
(serum-free expansion medium), StemSpan™ SFEM II
and StemSpan™ H3000
, a xeno-free medium containing only human-derived or recombinant human proteins.
StemSpan™ SFEM II
is a new hematopoietic stem cell expansion medium for maximum expansion of CD34+ cells from human cord blood and bone marrow.
is the first completely recombinant and synthetic, hematopoietic serum-free media. StemSpan™ ACF is also the first human and animal plasma component- free hematopoietic expansion media.
When supplemented with pre-mixed cocktails of cytokines and other additives (StemSpan™ CC100
, StemSpan™ CC110
, StemSpan™ CD34+ expansion supplement
, StemSpan™ erythroid expansion supplement
and StemSpan™ megakaryocyte expansion supplement
(formerly known as StemSpan™ CC220)), these cell culture media can be used to produce human hematopoietic cell populations for many different applications.
Why Use StemSpan™?
- Expansion of hematopoietic cells from normal bone marrow, mobilized peripheral blood and cord blood
- Generation of large numbers of mature blood cells and hematopoietic lineage-specific progenitors (i.e. erythroid cells, neutrophils, megakaryocytes and platelets, dendritic cells)
- Short-and long-term culture of human and mouse hematopoietic cells
- Identification of novel regulators of hematopoiesis
- STANDARDIZED serum-free media and cell culture conditions lead to increased reproducibility between experiments.
- CONSISTENT minimal lot-to-lot variability reduces variation in experimental results due to cell culture media performance.
- QUALITY CONTROLLED products contain carefully prescreened raw materials to ensure optimal performance.
- SUPERIOR EXPANSION of hematopoietic stem cells and progenitors
- OPTIMIZED ready-to-use cytokine cocktails formulated for specific applications