Browse our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on performing the CFU assay and explore its utility as part of the cell therapy workflow.
- Starter Kit for MethoCult™ H4434 Classic (Catalog #04464)
- MethoCult™ H4434 Classic, 24 x 3 mL tubes (Catalog #04444)
- Iscove's Modified Dulbecco's Medium (IMDM) with 2% Fetal Bovine Serum, 100 mL (Catalog #07700)
- Ammonium Chloride Solution, 100 mL (Catalog #07800)
- 35 mm Culture Dishes, 10/pack (Catalog #27100)
- 60 mm Gridded Scoring Dishes, 20/pack (Catalog #100-0085)
- Blunt-End Needles, 30/bag (Catalog #28130)
- 3 cc Syringes, 30/bag (Catalog #28230)
- Colony Atlas (Catalog #28700)
Frequently Asked Questions
Why use semi-solid media?
Why use methylcellulose-based media?
Is it necessary to add antibiotics to the media?
Is there anything I can do if my cultures appear contaminated?
Why can't I use a pipette to dispense methylcellulose-based media?
Can I 'pluck' the colonies for individual analysis?
Why are low adherence dishes so important?
Can MethoCult™ products be used for lymphoid progenitor CFU assays?
Is it possible to set up CFU assays in a 24-well plate?
Can I stain colonies in MethoCult™ medium?
Are there differences in colony morphology with serum-free media?
Can MethoCult™ be made with alternate base media?
Is there a MethoCult™ formulation suitable for HPP-CFC (high proliferative potential colony forming cell)?
This product is designed for use in the following research area(s) as part of the highlighted workflow stage(s). Explore these workflows to learn more about the other products we offer to support each research area.
Data and Publications
Figure 1. Procedure Summary for Hematopoietic CFU Assays
Figure 2. Examples of Colonies Derived from Human Hematopoietic Progenitors