iCell® GlutaNeurons, human glutamatergic-enriched cortical neurons derived from induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells, display typical physiological characteristics and form functional neuronal networks amenable to examination across a number of commonly used assays. These cells providing the following:
• Fully differentiated, ≥ 90% pure population of primarily glutamatergic (excitatory) human neurons
• Long-term viability, demonstrated reproducibility, and availability in commercial quantities
• Rapid formation of excitatory neural networks and functional synapses
• Expression of relevant neurological therapeutic targets and pathways
• Compatible with a wide range of biochemical and cell-based assays including: (1) Cell viability, (2) calcium signaling and (3) neurite outgrowth and retraction
• Electrophysiological applications include: (1) Identification and characterization of network function, (2) higher throughput assessment of compound efficacy for seizure treatment and (3) higher throughput detection of seizurogenic toxicity
• Ease of use - simply thaw and plate
Certain products are only available in select territories. Please contact your local Sales Representative or Product & Scientific Support at email@example.com for further information.
This product is designed for use in the following research area(s) as part of the highlighted workflow stage(s). Explore these workflows to learn more about the other products we offer to support each research area.