• Promotes efficient conversion of ES and iPS cells to CNS-type NPCs, and inhibits unwanted differentiation of non-CNS cell types
• Highly efficient neural induction of even hard-to-differentiate ES and iPS cell lines
• Improves efficiency of downstream differentiation into neurons and glia
• Compatible with both embryoid body and monolayer culture protocols for neural induction
• Enables reproducible differentiation of cell lines maintained in any TeSR™ family maintenance medium
• Convenient, user-friendly format and protocols
This product is designed for use in the following research area(s) as part of the highlighted workflow stage(s). Explore these workflows to learn more about the other products we offer to support each research area.
Data and Publications
Figure 1. STEMdiff™ SMADi Neural Induction Kit Supports Generation of Neural Progenitor Cells with High Levels of PAX6 and SOX1 Expression.
Neural progenitor cells (NPCs) can be generated from hPSCs cultured in mTeSR™1 or TeSR™-E8™ via embryoid body or monolayer protocol using the STEMdiff™ SMADi Neural Induction Kit. Resulting NPCs express CNS-type NPC markers PAX6 and SOX1.
Figure 2. STEMdiff™ SMADi Neural Induction Kit Supports Robust Neural Progenitor Cell Generation Across Multiple hPSC Lines.
Multiple human ES and iPS lines (cultured in mTeSR™1 or TeSR™-E8™) were subjected to the monolayer neural induction protocol. Cells were harvested after 7 days in culture and processed for immunostaining with PAX6, SOX1 and SOX10 antibodies. Cultures were imaged and quantified using the high content imager ImageXpress Micro, which counts positive nuclei across the entirety of the culture well. n=3 replicates per cell line. Data showed that neural progenitor cells produced using the STEMdiff™ SMADi Neural Induction Kit expressed very high levels of CNS-type markers PAX6 and SOX1, while the neural crest marker SOX10 was low to undetectable.
Figure 3. Neural Progenitor Cells Produced Using the Stemdiff™ SMADi Neural Induction Kit Support Highly Efficient Downstream Differentiation Into Neurons and Astrocytes.
Starting hPSCs were maintained in mTeSR™1 and differentiated using an embryoid body (EB) protocol. Resulting cells were differentiated using the STEMdiff™ Neuron Differentiation/Maturation Kits, STEMdiff™ Astrocyte Differentiation/Maturation Kits, and STEMdiff™ Dopaminergic Neuron Differentiation/Maturation Kits as per the respective protocols.