· Inhibits initiation and outgrowth of neurites in vitro, through microtubule polymerization (Letourneau & Ressler).
· Inhibits tumor cell growth in a variety of cancer cell lines including cervical (HeLa), lung (A549), breast (MCF-7), colon (HT-29), ovarian (OVG-1), and pancreatic (PC-Sh) carcinomas (Liebmann et al.).
· Induces abnormal multipolar spindle formation, inducing cell cycle arrest at prophase and G1 in various human cell cancer lines (Woods et al.).
· Initiates apoptosis of cancer cells through multiple mechanisms involving: p53-dependent and -independent pathways, B-cell CLL/lymphoma 2 (BCL-2) family members, cyclin-dependent kinases, p38 MAPK, PKA, and JNK/SAPK (Wang et al.; Reshkin et al.).
· Induces cyclin inhibitor p21 in MCF7 and PC3M human cancer cell lines by a mechanism dependent on the activation of RAF-1 (Blagosklonny et al.).
This product is designed for use in the following research area(s) as part of the highlighted workflow stage(s). Explore these workflows to learn more about the other products we offer to support each research area.