mTeSR™1 is manufactured under a cGMP quality management system compliant to 21 CFR 820, ensuring the highest quality and consistency for reproducible results.
- mTeSR™1 Complete Kit (Catalog #85850)
- mTeSR™1 Basal Medium, 400 mL (Catalog #85851)
- mTeSR™1 5X Supplement, 100 mL (Catalog #85852)
- mTeSR™1 Complete Kit, 1 L (Catalog #85857)
- mTeSR™1 Basal Medium, 800 mL (Catalog #85871)
- mTeSR™1 5X Supplement, 100 mL, 2 Bottles
- mTeSR™1 Complete Kit, 10 Pack (Catalog #85870)
- mTeSR™1 Basal Medium, 400 mL, 10 Bottles
- mTeSR™1 5X Supplement, 100 mL, 10 Bottles
- mTeSR™1 Complete Kit, 25 Pack (Catalog #85875)
- mTeSR™1 Basal Medium, 400 mL, 25 Bottles
- mTeSR™1 5X Supplement, 100 mL, 25 Bottles
This product is designed for use in the following research area(s) as part of the highlighted workflow stage(s). Explore these workflows to learn more about the other products we offer to support each research area.
Data and Publications
Figure 1. Normal hES and hiPS Cell Morphology is Observed in cGMP mTeSR™1 Cultures
Undifferentiated (A) H1 human embryonic stem (hES) and (B) WLS-1C human induced pluripotent stem (hiPS) cells cultured on Corning® Matrigel® Matrix in cGMP mTeSR™1 retain the prominent nucleoli and high nuclear-to-cytoplasmic ratio characteristic of this cell type after 10 passages. Densely packed cells and multi-layering are prominent when cells are ready to be passaged.
Figure 2. High Expansion Rates are Observed in cGMP mTeSR™1 Cultures
Graph shows the average fold expansion per passage +/- SEM obtained for hES (H1 and H9) and hiPS (WLS-1C) cells cultured in cGMP mTeSR™1 (red) or non-cGMP mTeSR™1 (gray) on Corning® Matrigel® Matrix over 10 passages. Expansion was determined by enumerating the cell aggregates obtained at harvest and dividing by the number of cell aggregates seeded. Note that this data is representative of cultures passaged after 6-7 days in culture, lower expansion should be expected if using shorter culture times.
Figure 3. Cells Cultured in cGMP mTeSR™1 Medium Express Undifferentiated Cell Markers
Histogram analysis for hES (H1 and H9) and hiPS (WLS-1C) cells characterized using FACS for undifferentiated cell markers, OCT4 (OCT3) (Catalog #60093) and TRA-1-60 (Catalog #60064), after 8 - 10 passages in cGMP mTeSR™1 (filled = sample, blank = isotype control).
Figure 4. hPSCs Maintained in cGMP mTeSR™1 Display a Normal Karyotype
Karyograms of (A) H1 hES and (B) WLS-1C hiPS cells cultured in cGMP mTeSR™1 for 11 passages shows that a normal karyotype is retained.