Human IgE ELISA Kit
For detection and measurement of human immunoglobulin E
The assay is based on the sandwich ELISA method, in which samples are added to ELISA strip plates pre-coated with capture antibodies specific for the immunoglobulin. The captured immunoglobulin is detected by addition of a biotinylated detection antibody, followed by streptavidin-horseradish peroxidase (SA-HRP), which binds the biotinylated antibody. Addition of the chromogenic enzyme substrate 3,3’,5,5’ tetramethylbenzidine (TMB) results in a colored product with an intensity directly proportional to the concentration of immunoglobulin in the sample. The concentration of the immunoglobulin is determined by comparison to a serial dilution of the immunoglobulin standard analyzed in parallel.
Representative Standard Curve
• Reportable Range: 0.1 - 32 ng/mL. This is the concentration range in which measurement of the analyte can be done with the highest precision, accuracy, and linearity.
• Sensitivity: The limit of detection of this assay is 0.069 ng/mL. This is the analyte concentration with absorbance two standard deviations higher than the zero standard.
• Accuracy: The analyte standard of this ELISA was calibrated against NIBSC international standard 75/502.
• Recovery: A mid-curve recovery of 80 - 86% was determined by spiking defined amounts of analyte standard into serum or plasma samples in repeated experiments.
• Precision: The intra-assay precision of this assay is 2.8% (CV). The inter-assay precision of this assay is 5.5% (CV).
Protocols and Documentation
Find supporting information and directions for use in the Product Information Sheet or explore additional protocols below.
This product is designed for use in the following research area(s) as part of the highlighted workflow stage(s). Explore these workflows to learn more about the other products we offer to support each research area.
Item added to your cart
Human IgE ELISA Kit
PRODUCTS ARE FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND NOT INTENDED FOR HUMAN OR ANIMAL DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USES UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON QUALITY AT STEMCELL, REFER TO WWW.STEMCELL.COM/COMPLIANCE.