Hassle-Free PBMCs in Just 15 Minutes
The SepMate™ Advantage for PBMC Isolation
SepMate™ is an innovative new tube that enables consistent and hassle-free PBMC isolation. This video describes the benefits of using SepMate™ for fast and easy PBMC isolation from whole blood in just 15 minutes.
How to Isolate PBMCs Using SepMate™
This technical video provides a simple procedure for isolating peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) from whole blood using SepMate™. It also demonstrates how to combine SepMate™ with RosetteSep™ to isolate highly purified cell subsets in just 25 minutes.
Why Use SepMate™ PBMC Isolation Tubes?
- Say goodbye to slow and laborious sample layering over the density gradient medium.
- Centrifuge for just 10 minutes with the brake on and simply pour off PBMCs into a new tube.
- Minimize variability between users.
- Can be combined with to isolate specific cell subsets.
STEMCELL operates a Quality Management System which complies with the requirements of ISO 13485:2003.
SepMate™-15 PBMC Isolation Tubes
SepMate™-50 PBMC Isolation Tubes
Cell Isolation Directly From Whole Blood
The NK Cell Cytoxicity Case Study discusses a publication from Dr. Ajay Jain’s lab at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, which used the RosetteSep™ and SepMate™ system to reduce NK cell isolation time from four hours to a single hour for a 450 mL unit of blood.
The Typical SepMate™ PBMC Isolation Protocol
Combine SepMate™ and RosetteSep™ to Isolate Specific Cell Subsets from Whole Blood in 25 Minutes
To isolate purified cell subsets from whole blood, simply incubate your sample with the appropriatecocktail for 10 minutes prior to pipetting onto density medium in a SepMate™ tube. During centrifugation unwanted leukocytes pellet along with red blood cells, leaving untouched and highly purified target cells at the interface between the plasma and the density gradient medium above the insert. After centrifugation, simply pour highly purified target cells into a new tube. No columns or magnets are necessary, and minimal training is required. Just incubate, spin, and pour off purified cells.
- Elliott G et al. (2015) Intermediate DNA methylation is a conserved signature of genome regulation. Nat Commun 6: 6363.
- Wetzel-Smith MK et al. (2014) A rare mutation in UNC5C predisposes to late-onset Alzheimer’s disease and increases neuronal cell death. Nat Med 20(12): 1452–1457.
- Tyznik AJ et al. (2014) Distinct requirements for activation of NKT and NK cells during viral infection. J Immunol 192(8): 3676–85.
- Odendall C et al. (2014) Diverse intracellular pathogens activate type III interferon expression from peroxisomes. Nat Immunol 15(8): 717–726.
- So EC et al. (2013) A high throughput method for enrichment of natural killer cells and lymphocytes and assessment of in vitro cytotoxicity. J Immunol Methods 394(1-2): 40–8.