Natural Killer (NK) cells, a rare subset of lymphocytes with polymorphic receptor expression, are a vital component of the innate immune system. See MoreStimulated via signals from complex, NK-specific ligand-receptor interactions, NK cells can display cytolytic activity against “altered self” (i.e. virus-infected or cancerous) cells, despite lacking conventional antigen specificity. They can also produce potent immunoregulatory cytokines that modulate the adaptive immune response, and thus serve as interesting candidates for cancer or viral immunotherapy.
For a convenient source of cells, STEMCELL Technologies offers frozen primary human NK cells1 from either peripheral or cord blood, isolated by either positive or negative immunomagnetic selection. Thawed NK cells are viable, functional and ready for use in downstream assays. We also offer fresh1,2 peripheral blood and Leukopaks for further processing and NK cell isolation.
- Video (3:01) How to Prepare a Single-Cell Suspension from Frozen Samples
- Video (5:51) How to Perform Cell Counts with a Hemacytometer
- Tech Tip Total Nucleated Cell and Viable Cell Counts
- Video (1:37) How to Isolate Mononuclear Cells from Whole Blood by Density Gradient Centrifugation
- Video (2:49) How to Use SepMate™ to Isolate PBMCs from Whole Blood in Just 15 Minutes
1. Donors are screened for HIV (1 & 2), Hepatitis B, and Hepatitis C. For more detailed information on donor screening, please visit our Human Primary Cells overview page.
2. Fresh products currently available in the United States and Canada only (excluding Quebec)