Dendritic cells (DC) are antigen-presenting cells and key regulators of the immune system. See MoreThey process and present antigens to naïve T cells, secrete cytokines that direct naïve T cells towards different types of T helper cells, promote differentiation and maturation of B cells, and maintain intrathymic and peripheral tolerance. For a convenient source of cells, STEMCELL Technologies offers frozen primary human dendritic cells1 isolated from peripheral blood. Thawed dendritic cells are viable, functional and ready for use in downstream assays. Alternatively, we also offer fresh1,2 peripheral blood and Leukopaks for further processing and dendritic cell isolation.
- Video (3:01) How to Prepare a Single Cell Suspension from Frozen Samples
- Video (5:51) How to Perform Cell Counts with a Hemacytometer
- Tech Tip Total Nucleated Cell and Viable Cell Counts
- Video (1:37) How to Isolate Mononuclear Cells from Whole Blood by Density Gradient Centrifugation
- Video (2:49) How to Use SepMate™ to Isolate PBMCs from Whole Blood in Just 15 Minutes
1. Donors are screened for HIV (1 & 2), Hepatitis B, and Hepatitis C. For more detailed information on donor screening, please visit our Human Primary Cells overview page.
2. Fresh products currently available in the United States and Canada only (excluding Quebec).