B cells express cell surface immunoglobulin receptors that recognize specific antigenic epitopes, and are a pivotal component of the adaptive immune system and in particular, humoral immune responses. See MoreB cells mediate many processes necessary for immune homeostasis, including antibody production, antigen presentation, cytokine secretion, T cell co-stimulation and tumor immunity. Conversely, their dysregulation is the basis of several immune pathologies including autoimmunity, leukemia / lymphoma and multiple myeloma.
For a convenient source of cells, STEMCELL Technologies offers high-quality frozen primary human B cells1 isolated by positive or negative immunomagnetic selection from either peripheral or cord blood. Thawed B cells are viable, functional and ready for use in downstream assays. We also offer fresh2 peripheral blood and Leukopaks for further processing and B cell isolation.
- Video (3:01) How to Prepare a Single Cell Suspension from Frozen Samples
- Video (2:12) How to Prepare a Single Cell Suspension from Primary Tissue Samples
- Video (1:37) How to Isolate Mononuclear Cells from Whole Blood by Density Gradient Centrifugation
- Video (5:51) How to Perform Cell Counts with a Hemacytometer
- Tech Tip Total Nucleated Cell and Viable Cell Counts
1. Donors are screened for HIV (1 & 2), Hepatitis B, and Hepatitis C. For more detailed information on donor screening, please visit our Human Primary Cells overview page.
2. Fresh products currently available in the United States and Canada only (excluding Quebec).