iCell® Retinal Pigment Epithelial Cells are a highly pure population of research-grade retinal pigment epithelial (RPE) cells derived from human induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells, available in commercial quantities, with the following features:
• Lineage-committed at cryopreservation, the cells mature within 1 month in vitro:
- ≥ 90% (PMEL17, TYRP1) pure population for immature RPE markers at thaw
- 80% (BEST1, CRALBP) pure population for more mature RPE markers at 4 weeks post-thaw
• Pattern of marker-expression is characteristic of mature RPE cells
• Expected morphology advances over time
• Robust functionality exhibited within weeks post-thaw:
- Increasing trans-epithelial electrical resistance (TEER) over time
- Phagocytotic activity
Certain products are only available in select territories. Please contact Product & Scientific Support at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
This product is designed for use in the following research area(s) as part of the highlighted workflow stage(s). Explore these workflows to learn more about the other products we offer to support each research area.